Friday, November 10, 2006

This weekend in Brooklyn

I’m going to be out of town this weekend, so I’m tempted to leave you all to fend for yourselves as far as entertainment goes. BUT, there are two events this Saturday in Brooklyn that are too good to pass up. Some one needs to go in my absence and fill me in on the details.

The second annual meeting of the corduroy appreciation club.
It is being held tomorrow night, 11|11 (because that is the date that most resembles corduroy) at The Montauk Club in Brooklyn. Advanced tickets are $18. At least two corduroy items must be donned.

Also on 11|11: Cringe TV
It’s the taping of the Cringe television pilot this Saturday night. Go to Freddy’s Bar and Backroom in Brooklyn to watch people (possibly you) bare their teenage souls by reading straight from their teenage diaries, journals, notes, letters, poems, and songs.

Sorry, I got nothin’ for tonight. Go see Borat. I saw it last night and nearly peed in my pants (not so much because it was funny but because I had a large Coke and the lines were too long for the bathroom). But seriously, I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. It was either laugh or cry. I chose laughter. And, note to Laurin: how could those frat boys NOT have been real?? It’s too frightening for someone to have created. I’m headed south of the Mason-Dixon line tonight. I’ll let you know how it goes.

BTW: the only scene of the Borat moviefilm that I think was staged was the part with Pamela Anderson. That was about as real as her boobs.

No comments: