Sunday, January 07, 2007

mandy whore?


during the pop princess wars, mandy moore seemingly emerged as the naive, wholesome, innocent one. well, for no real reason, i’m here to periodically prove otherwise to the unibloggal readership!

let us begin with the ridiculously suggestive and age inappropriate lyrics to the song "saturate me," which our little lolita mandy recorded at the age of 17. (my favorite bits are italicized.)


The desert I wander lacks in its mirage
There's no mistaking in the barrage
Of sand and wind that tears my skin (tears my skin)
Leaving what's without exposing what's within
Forsaken, left here
In my barren desolate...
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Rain down on me with life

My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Storm around me, bring the tide
My days stretch long into the heat
As the sun brightens my defeat
My lips are chapped, they're parched and dry (parched and dry)
My thirst it builds, with every day gone by....
Forsaken, left here
In my barren desolate...
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Rain down on me with life
My soul is evaporating
Won't you saturate me, won't you saturate me
Storm around me, bring the tide
The dunes that shift, drift and lift in the wind
Cover up my Hope, as I start to give in
To the cracks and creases and the dips in my will
As I am pushed toward the brink, I drink down and swill

3 comments:

Audacious said...

Dude, she's clearly just real thirsty. Why you gotta get all metaphorical?

stephanie said...

my lil' sis is 17 and if i ever heard her say anything along the lines of "In my barren desolate...
My soul is evaporating" i might die of laughter. i thought mandy just sang about candy and shit. who knew she was such a lyrical genius!

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for the male unibloggal readership when I say that I would "saturate her" with the hella-quickness.