Thursday, August 24, 2006

third eye whatt??!!!@#$@#%

what follows is taken from a chat i just had with our great pal gary tj. please read and weigh in.

garytijuana: what are you doing later this evening?
garytijuana: i need to have a very serious talk with you, regarding how Third Eye Blind's debut album "third eye blind" is the greatest album ever
me: are you serious?
garytijuana: dead serious. to me, it's the best album of all time
me: are you drunk?
garytijuana: song for song, it stands up to anything you can compare it to
me: purple rain??
garytijuana: purple rain is up there. like #3
me: i'm not sure i can speak with u anymore
garytijuana: but its got a couple stinkers (computer blue). there's no stinkers on Third Eye Blind
me: are you telling me you think 3rd eye blind is better than prince?
garytijuana: i think that as an album there's nothing better than Third Eye Blind by Third Eye Blind
me: but prince takes risks you see
garytijuana: and YES I"M SERIOUS
me: when you're taking risks you might get few stinkers in there
which is ok.. b/c then you end up with some genius ass shit like darling nikki and it makes up for it all
garytijuana: 3eb took a risk, and it paid off
me: what was the risk?
garytijuana: they said "we're gonna try to make the best album of all time." that's a risk
me: hahaaaa
garytijuana: and guess what. they did it
me: shut it
garytijuana: i want to have a listening party wtih you sometime
me: fine.
garytijuana: blumby will be there
me: i wanna post this
garytijuana: and we'll all be drunk
me: i won't
but i think it's hilarious
garytijuana: and we'll sing all the words as you feel the power of the music
me: IDONTKNOWTHEWORDSTOTHIRDEYEBLIND
garytijuana: i've already printed you a lyric sheet
me: you're very thoughtful
garytijuana: go ahead and post it
this is not the first time i've said it
but i'm convinced, more than ever
i've stepped away, and still 10 yrs later the music is timeless
me: alright good buddy
the debate is on
garytijuana: excellent.
bring your best stuff

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we have said debate early next week when I can participate?

gary tijuana said...

Audz, only if you're on the 3EB side of the debate, or if you think something else is better than Purple Rain and 3EB--basically, as long as you guys don't team up on me.

laurin said...

holy hell in a handbasket. WTF GT?? i'm disappointed in yo7u.

e-bro said...

wow. ok. i can't name a third eye blind song, but when i try to think of one "little miss can't be wrong" and "drops of jupiter" pop into my head. that can't be good for old stephen jenkins. OH SHIT. i know his name. just cuz he used to bone aaeon flux and i'm a sucker for celebrity romance gossip.

anywho. tj's on dope, obvs.

gary tijuana said...

Looks like I'll have to print out a few extra lyric sheets, the listening party is growing. Feels good! Because I know you'll all be won over when this is done.

BTW, the worst song on the album is the one you've all heard (semicharmed life) -- and it's a barnburner. So don't prejudge before hearing the rest.

E, I can't believe you compared them to Spin Doctors. WAY off base.

Also, one other piece of credibility: their bassist was originally in the legendary Bay Area funk-thrash band Fungo Mungo.