Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A sign you're getting older



Last night I was watching college Jeopordy because I'm a huge dork and have no life, but that's not really the point. One of the categories was "DJ Alex Tribizzy in the Hizzouse." Go ahead, you can laugh. Anyway, contestants were given rap lyrics and had to come up with the artist name. Some of the early clues were fairly easy...Nelly, Snoop Dog, Eminem. However I was shocked, dismayed, and then depressed when they got to the $800 and $1000 questions and not one single "college age" contestant gave an answer to the following clues.

"I'll kick you out of my home if you don't cut that hair. Your mom busted in and said, "What's that noise?" Aw, mom you're just jealous it's the ____________!"

"Don't call it a comeback. I been here for years. Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear. I'm gonna knock you out. Mama said knock you out."


How the HELL is that possible? Maybe because they weren't born in 1977 like yours truly. Sigh. Tear.

1 comment:

QuarBy said...

i feel you on this one. our 24 year-old neighbor has never heard "panama" by van halen. whatev.