Thursday, April 26, 2007

when art and advertising intersect



Highly acclaimed director Nagi Noda is known for her whimsical eye and is the creative genius behind many fantasy laden art and video projects. Her most notable works include the short film Fitness Video and music videos for artists such as the Scissors Sisters: "She's My Man", Tiga: "Far from Home", and the brillant Yuki: "Sentimental Journey" video that inspired Noda's latest work--a commercial for Coke featuring music by Unibloggal heartthrob Jack White. For the most part I hate ads which is why I praise my DVR up and down every night, but if I have to be subjected to the art of marketing, I at least appreciate when its artful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmm yes....check out her short 'small love stories about alex and juliet' :

http://015.mediaimage.jp/uchu/francfranc_en.wmv

its a jizz fest.

Audacious said...

Let's not forget this other gem of advertsing and art: