Tuesday, July 11, 2006

teen beat tuesday: triple threat

hey folks. i'm pretty much dead meat after watching this. it features three things that make me feel that it's ok to be a 14 yr old fan dork forever. they are:

1. just to get this one out of the way, because you already know about it: mark lanegan's voice. old news. next...

2. dave grohl on drums. KILL ME NOW. whatever. i think it's the second foo fighters record that sold me on it. i don't really care about the songs, or him singing, or even him in nirvana, really. (it was all about pat smear there!) and even though i like that little leg bounce thing he does when he's playing guitar, it's all about the drums for davey.

3. JOSH HOMME!!! holy crap. the hottest red head on the planet. if you know me at all, you know how i feel about a beefy pair of arms holding a guitar. he's also from the inland empire and isn't a d-bag, which is a work of magic. i like magic.

when i listen to this band, with any of its line ups, it makes me want to over turn my desk and stage dive off the filing cabinet. and watch it again because they're all teen beaterific. (also, the fact that this took place at the troubador, my single favorite place in los angeles, almost makes my brain explode. too much awesome for one tiny room.)

next week, i will be on assignment in italy doing research with the italian soccer team, so i'll have a guest blogger. stay tuned.

3 comments:

laurin said...

i just feel off my chair in ecstasy! those boys make me wanna "la la."

QuarBy said...

this kicks ass.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»