Friday, July 21, 2006

Skills

One of the beautiful things about living in a world with so many different kinds of people is that everyone has their own unique skill, or in some cases multiple skills that they can perform simultaneously. Each individual is free to use his/her skills(s) to make his/her life more rewarding and perhaps better the world around him/her.

Take me, for example. I like to consider myself to be skilled at writing. That’s why I write for a living as well as for pleasure, bringing joy into the lives of readers like you.

I’m also skilled at checking email (frequently and during work hours). That’s why, when my pal Nate-Dawg forwarded me this entertaining video clip, I was able to open it, watch it, and gape in awe at this woman’s unique skills.



I have to admit, I’m a little jealous. In my nearly three decades on this planet, I never acquired the impressive and useful skill of pouring a perfect pint whilst rotating myself at high speeds on an upside-down bar stool. Blame it on bad parenting? The public school system? Why was I never taught this skill?

I’m trying not to feel too bad about it. Maybe she’s a crappy writer.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

i would really really like it if you could please make a video of yourself attempting to do this.
i promise i'll never paste james brown's head on your body again.

Anonymous said...

Well remember you got rejected from employment at Hooters, Auds. We knew your tits weren't the reason.