Monday, June 25, 2007

you're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model


I wasn't quite sure what Flight of the Conchords was when HBO was promoting it around the end of Sopranos. Nothing in my mind could take the place of my mob boyfriend Tony, but much to my dismay it has quickly become my new obsession (next to grannies dancing) and I encourage all of you to watch it.

According to their site, "Flight of the Conchords follows the trials and tribulations of a two man, digi-folk band from New Zealand as they try to make a name for themselves in their adopted home of New York City. The band is made up of Bret McKenzie on guitar and vocals, and Jemaine Clement on guitar and vocals."

I've included a video from the pilot episode that made me giggle. There are many-a-cameo by another hipster comic, Eugene Mirman who made a name for himself as the opening act to a Modest Mouse tour. Ahh, hipsters and comedy....the pairing is so sweet.

Editors note: the show is even better with herbal enhancement.

No comments: